Chemistry Olympiad Qualifier(COQ) is a UAE level Chemistry Olympiad that is conducted annually by International Olympiad Foundation(IOF®). IOF® is the official representative for International Chemistry Olympiad (IChO) in UAE.
Chemistry Olympiad Qualifier ®
September to October
|Syllabus:||For the Initial Qualifiers (Round 1/2), Syllabus will be a mix of all the Curriculum for a particular Grade/ Year. Students are supposed to follow their own school curriculum for the same. Syllabus varies for each International Competitions.( Details can be found against the same below)|
|Buy Official guides:||
Click here to buy books for Olympiad preparation
|Eligible Grades||Grade 11/ Year 12 to Grade 12/ Year 13|
- Student should register for the current grade/year in which he/she is studying at the time of application.
- Students can apply for a higher grade/ year at the time of application as well. But in that case all the records would be updated accordingly.
- Any student who is found competing in a lower grade would be disqualified automatically
- You must qualify the Chemistry Preliminary Olympiad qualifier (Round 1 ) that will be conducted during the period from September to October. The Preliminary Olympiad qualifier is Multiple choice question test consisting of 30 questions from Chemistry. Exam syllabus is a mix of all the curriculum for a particular grade/year. The Preliminary Olympiad qualifier can be taken in UAE in all the Emirates(Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah, Umm Al Quwain and Fujairah)
- If shortlisted in Preliminary Olympiad qualifier, you must appear for final qualifier (Round 2) to be held during the Period from Mid of November to Mid of December. The final Olympiad qualifier is objective test consisting of 45 questions from Chemistry. The final Olympiad qualifier can be taken in UAE in all the Emirates (Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah, Umm Al Quwain and Fujairah)
- International Olympiad foundation will shortlist the students based on the qualifiers for IChO.
- Age criteria for each International Competition is decided by the respective organising committee. IOF doesn’t have any control over this process. Please visit the respective International Competition websites for more information
- Students from senior grades will be given preference over junior grades for selection to IChO. The preference from high to low for selection will be as Grade 12/Year 13, Grade 11/Year 12.